Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

I've had a few people email me and ask about the hurricane that is currently passing over Haiti. I figured while I have internet access, I would give a quick update. As you can see in the picture below, Hurricane Gustav passed over the Southern part of Haiti. Apparently, Port-au-Prince started getting rain around 2:00 am, and there has been a decent amount of flooding in the area. Clean Water for Haiti is located just South of Saint-marc, and if you look closely at the image, you may be able to see that we are just on the outskirts of what the hurricane is affecting. It started raining here around 1:30 pm. It is around 8:30 pm now and the rain hasn't stopped, but it is pretty light. It was a little windier than a normal storm, but not anything too spectacular. The other byproduct of hurricanes is the cool weather they bring. Currently the feel-like temperature is 84 degrees F. That is a lot cooler than normal and we are all enjoying that part of the weather situation.

1 comment:

Kate Petach said...

Thanks for the update. I'm praying for you and the people in your area!!!