Monday, July 7, 2008

Participation Requested

On Sunday the Hopps stopped by to visit for the afternoon. They have three kids and we did a little swimming and had a nice big lunch. The Hopps are missionaries living at Kaliko, but they work primarily with people and churches on La Gonâve. La Gonâve is a small island off the western coast of Haiti. I’m including a map to show La Gonâve in relation to Clean Water for Haiti. I’m hoping to do this more in the future to show where places are located that I’ve mentioned. If nothing else, this should help me to learn more Haitian geography.


A little while back we discovered a crab that decided to take up residence in our shower. I took a picture of him, or her, and thought I would share it with you. We haven’t decided on a name yet, and I was hoping to get your input. On the right column of the blog there should be a survey that will allow you to vote for one of the names that I’ve been contemplating. For those of you who don’t like to be boxed in, please suggest an alternate name and I will add it to the list of possibilities if deemed appropriate.

The Nameless Crab

8 comments:

Michelle Renae :) said...

wow... a crab in your shower?? i think that would make me freak out!

Anonymous said...

Wow it would make me pay attention while in the shower for sure. My suggestion for the name is the Crabby Feelings. Enjoying your blogs. Mama Noel PS how far are you from Port a Prince? Can you hire boats to take you to your compound to avoid the roads ha ha

Kate Petach said...

What about Sebastian or Zac or L'eau Potable (which means clean water in french...I like naming things...

Kate Petach said...

I thought of another one...what about nom which means nameless in French

Kate Petach said...

What about Monseuir crab sorry if that's spelled wrong I know Spanish

Anonymous said...

So, if there is a crab in the shower, how easily can they get into your bed???? Chills....

Matt Ruple said...

I like Sebastian...I'll add that to the list.

As far as the crab getting into my bed...it's possible, but I think he prefers the shower due to the water source. There are plenty of other creatures I can worry about getting into my bed.

"Mama Noel" I'm not sure who you are...any clues?...feel free to email me and maybe we can communicate that way.

Matt Ruple said...

Never mind. It won't let me add another name to the voting list. I liked Sebastian, not enough to vote for it, but I would've added it if I could have....sorry Kate.